|View map >>>>|
Vinnytsia. The city originated from a castle-fortress built in
1362 on the high left bank of the Southern Bug.
In 1569 Vinnytsia was included into the Polish state of Rzechpospolita. During
the Polish rule the complexes of
the Dominican and Jesuit monasteries (1610-1617) and the Jesuit collegium were
built in the city.
The Liberation War of the Ukrainian people of 1648-1657 became a glorious page in the city history. On the high right bank of the Southern Bug stands a stone obelisk in honour of Ivan Bohun who with his regiment defeated utterly Polish troops in 1651.
The city is associated with the name of great Ukrainian writer M. Kotsiubyns'kyi who was born here and lived till 1897. In the southern outskirts of the city stands the estate where since 1861 lived and worked outstanding Russian surgeon N. >>>>
|Vinnytsia oblast, s.Busha|
|Vinnytsia oblast, Bernashіvka|