Khmelnytskyi oblast

 

Khmelnytskyi oblast. Tourism mapView map >>>>


Khmel'nyts'kyi. The city is first mentioned in historical documents in 1493 under the name of Ploskyriv, which comes from the Ploska River and the moat (riv in Ukr.) encircling the city. At that time, it was a small settlement with a wooden fortress and a garrison. In the 1780s it was renamed Proskuriv. In 1954 to commemorate the great historic accomplishments of the outstanding military leader and statesman Bohdan Khmel'nyts'kyi the regional centre was named after him.
Tourists' attention can be attracted by the exhibits in the Museum of History and Local Lore, Art, and Literary Museums. It will be interesting to visit the Podillia Dendrological Park founded in 1964. This monument of landscape gardening, which covers an area of 30 ha, has a collection of more than 400 valuable local and acclimatised species >>>>

 

Oblast farmsteads

 

  Veselka
Khmelnytskyi oblast, s. Sokіl
...
  Na Dnіstrі
Khmelnytskyi oblast, c. Sokіl
...
  Katerina
Khmelnytskyi oblast, Cvіklіvcі
...
  Zelena mil'a
Khmelnytskyi oblast, s.Sokol
...
  Fazenda
Khmelnytskyi oblast, Sokіl
...
  Svetlana
Khmelnytskyi oblast, Kam'janec'-Podіl's'kij
On the opposite side of the Smotrich River there is Kamianetsk-Podilsk town. The bridge connecting the town and the village is 54 m. high and is perfect for...
  Charovnica
Khmelnytskyi oblast, Sokol
...
  Fuksіja
Khmelnytskyi oblast, selo Sokіl
...
  Magnolіja
Khmelnytskyi oblast, Sokіl
...
  Sokіl's'ka dolina
Khmelnytskyi oblast, c. Sokіl
The farmstead "Sokilska dolyna" is situated on the bank of the Dniester River. There is a gazebo for adults, fairy gazebo for...